You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 24th 2013, 8:45pm

RainBird ESP Modular Controller - Zone 2 is now zone 12?

I go out and notice the grass in zone 2 is browning so I check it. Turn it on at the controller, nothing; turn it on at the valve by turning bleeder, nothing; let timer run and notice zone 12 is on. So zone 12 comes on when zone 2 should come on and zone 12 comes on when zone 12 should. HELP? :S

mrfixit

Monday, June 24th 2013, 11:22pm

It sounds like the wiring's messed up. Maybe zone 12 is connected to the number 2 and the number 12 wire.
--
I'm thinking you didn't open the bleeder screw far enough. Turn it farther. Even take it out if you have to. If the valve still doesn't come on then there's a problem at the valve. Is the flow control turned off?
--
What's the model valve?

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 1:54pm

Zone 2 is now Zone 12

Thanks for the response. This just started not long along. The system is at least two years old. I haven't turned anything off. The valve is a RainBird 100-DV 1" No Flo Valve. And now station 12 is in constant on mode. Thank goodness its a drip hose.

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 8:32pm

If there's not a problem with the controller then the valve needs repair.
You should have a flow control on that drip zone.
If I was you I'd buy a valve with the flow control and swap out all the parts with your valve.
Flow control valve
Having a flow control will help the valve shut off especially on a drip zone.