You are not logged in.

vv132

Monday, July 1st 2013, 12:40pm

Rainbird Maxi-paw to Hunter swing joint help

Hey so i'm new to irrigation trying to do it myself.

WE have a 25 year old system, with maxi paw rotors. After digging one up, I realized that it was connected on the side and not the bottom. I believe that the side is a 1/2 fitting and I need a 3/4 fitting for the new hunter ultra heads that I have. Also the hunter heads are installed from the bottom and not the side. So my question is what swing joint do I need there are a bunch of options and I'm not sure which one i exactly need.
Here is the link to what I could find: http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Swing-Joints-s/6837.htm

IF you could point me in a better direction and give me any advice it would be awesome!.

Thanks
V.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jul 1st 2013, 10:04pm)

mrfixit

Monday, July 1st 2013, 10:17pm

I fixed your link.
---
I believe Hunter has a 1/2" x 3/4" x 6 inches long. I don't see that listed on their site so buy them at an irrigation supply store.
Ewing or John Deere Irrigation or Hydroscape.
--
Just make sure the 6" length is long enough. If not then you could 12" length. Swing Joint.
--
You could buy the 1/2 x 1/2 inch and use a 3/4" x 1/2" bushing on each one. That's how I do it. Bushing

vv132

Friday, July 12th 2013, 9:26pm

thanks got it to work with a half inch to 3/4 swing joint with a coupling to attach to the half inch elbow. thanks so much!

Rate this thread