You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

vv132

Monday, July 1st 2013, 12:40pm

Rainbird Maxi-paw to Hunter swing joint help

Hey so i'm new to irrigation trying to do it myself.

WE have a 25 year old system, with maxi paw rotors. After digging one up, I realized that it was connected on the side and not the bottom. I believe that the side is a 1/2 fitting and I need a 3/4 fitting for the new hunter ultra heads that I have. Also the hunter heads are installed from the bottom and not the side. So my question is what swing joint do I need there are a bunch of options and I'm not sure which one i exactly need.
Here is the link to what I could find: http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Swing-Joints-s/6837.htm

IF you could point me in a better direction and give me any advice it would be awesome!.

Thanks
V.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jul 1st 2013, 10:04pm)

mrfixit

Monday, July 1st 2013, 10:17pm

I fixed your link.
---
I believe Hunter has a 1/2" x 3/4" x 6 inches long. I don't see that listed on their site so buy them at an irrigation supply store.
Ewing or John Deere Irrigation or Hydroscape.
--
Just make sure the 6" length is long enough. If not then you could 12" length. Swing Joint.
--
You could buy the 1/2 x 1/2 inch and use a 3/4" x 1/2" bushing on each one. That's how I do it. Bushing

vv132

Friday, July 12th 2013, 9:26pm

thanks got it to work with a half inch to 3/4 swing joint with a coupling to attach to the half inch elbow. thanks so much!

Rate this thread