You are not logged in.

bubbles820

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 7:26pm

New Zones Added to Rainbird ESP-SMT Not Working

Hello,
My Rainbird ESP-SMT currently has 2 zones programmed, one for the front yard (zone 1) and a drip (zone 2). I recently added 3 zones for the backyard, but the zones will not turn on when programmed. I copied over the settings from zone 1 to the new zones.
I have done the following to determine what could be wrong:
-I am able to manually turn on the new zones.
-I have tested the voltage going to the control box and it shows that there is voltage going to the zones.
-I have removed the wire coming from the established solenoid (zone 1) and attached it to each zone 3, 4, and 5 and the water WILL come on when I turn it on at the control box.
-If I put the wires back to the original way I installed it and change the wire at the control box for zone 1 to zone 3, the sprinkler will not turn on.
-If I disconnect zone 1 and 2, with the common wire just attached to the new zones, the sprinklers will not turn on.

I think the new zones are not coming on due to wiring, but I am stuck as to where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have sod waiting to be put down. Thanks!

bubbles820

Unregistered

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 1:40am

Figured It Out

Nevermind. Found out the wires from the existing valves to the control box was cut.

Rate this thread