You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bubbles820

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 7:26pm

New Zones Added to Rainbird ESP-SMT Not Working

Hello,
My Rainbird ESP-SMT currently has 2 zones programmed, one for the front yard (zone 1) and a drip (zone 2). I recently added 3 zones for the backyard, but the zones will not turn on when programmed. I copied over the settings from zone 1 to the new zones.
I have done the following to determine what could be wrong:
-I am able to manually turn on the new zones.
-I have tested the voltage going to the control box and it shows that there is voltage going to the zones.
-I have removed the wire coming from the established solenoid (zone 1) and attached it to each zone 3, 4, and 5 and the water WILL come on when I turn it on at the control box.
-If I put the wires back to the original way I installed it and change the wire at the control box for zone 1 to zone 3, the sprinkler will not turn on.
-If I disconnect zone 1 and 2, with the common wire just attached to the new zones, the sprinklers will not turn on.

I think the new zones are not coming on due to wiring, but I am stuck as to where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have sod waiting to be put down. Thanks!

bubbles820

Unregistered

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 1:40am

Figured It Out

Nevermind. Found out the wires from the existing valves to the control box was cut.

Rate this thread