You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

caraticus

Unregistered

Saturday, July 13th 2013, 7:21pm

Controller stopped working after installing new valve

Hi All,

I have an old Toro system with an old controller. I had to replace from valves this year, and went with some inline rainbird valves. The Toro valves had 3 wires... the rainbird valves only have 2 wires. I found this link: and mis-read it. I hooked up both common wires to one solinod lead and hooked the other solinoid lead to the wire that connects to the next valve. When I turned on the system, the zone in question turned on for a few seconds then turned off. Now NONE of the zones work via the controller. The controller shows no error signs. How badly did I mess things up and what will it take to get this working again?

The controller is an old Toro Vision I

mrfixit

Saturday, July 13th 2013, 11:19pm

You blew the fuse. Fix the wiring and install a new fuse.
I'm a little confused about each valve having three wires though.
--
I should have looked at your link before saying i was confused. I forgot all about those Flo-Pros. I haven't seen one in years.
That's the worst solenoid set up of all times.