You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Unregistered

Sunday, July 14th 2013, 10:30am

HUNTER XCORE

Hi Guys

live in Africa and my system is on the blink, your urgent help is needed please?

I have programmed my system to water all zones twice a day and i am the only one who touches the key pad. All of a sudden the only zone taht works is zone 1. the other zones come up as normanl and run through the time cycle but no water. I have checked to ensure there are no system overides and that all zones are active etc.Even if i run a manual system test only zone 1 water.

I have re booted and reset to factory specs and then again re programmed but no luck ;( .

any help would be much appreciated , my plants are dying :thumbsup:

mrfixit

Sunday, July 14th 2013, 10:39am

Maybe the common wire has come loose from the other valves.

electrifiedmale

Monday, July 15th 2013, 8:11pm

You might measure your voltage.
Turn the system on to water.
Using a volt meter with the setting on AC ~ .
Put the black lead on the ommon terminal and the red lead on the zone terminal.
You should be reading 24V on each zone.

If you are reading 24V at the controller terminal, and the valve is not opening, then you have a problem with the wiring or a bad solonoid.

Since this apparently started happening all at once to several zones, it's doubtful you have all bad solonoids at the same time. I concur with Mr. Fixit. Somewhere in there, a common wire probably came loose or broke. Most likely on zone 2.

hope this helps,
experience is something gained just after you needed it most