You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Yard Man

Starting Member

Sunday, August 18th 2013, 7:44pm

Zone pressure problems

Friday, August 16th 2013, 3:48am
Sprinkler system
I have 9 zones in system with rain bird valves. All valves in first valve box work fine which is 4 zones. The 2nd box I have 5 zones,
I only have half pressure in these valves. The two boxes are connected by 6 inches. I have plenty of pressure from back flow device to valve boxes 55 lbs. No line interference (no roots) plenty of power going to valves from control panel (28) 3 zones are pop up with 8 heads and two with 4 gear driven heads. These heads if I hold one up all the way I get the pressure and they start going. I've checked everything possible. What do you think the problem could be??

Yard Man

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 19th 2013, 7:28am

If it's a case of a valve not opening fully, then you could confirm this with a pressure reading on the upstream side, maybe at the backflow preventer. Pressure higher than usual points at a suspect valve or other source of flow restriction. Pressure lower than usual points to a break leaking water.