You are not logged in.

Zhukov

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 16th 2014, 2:05pm

I'm not a fan of the blue nozzles. I don't have a lot of experience with them though. The first time I tried them it looked like to me there was more puddling around the head so I switched them out to the red nozzle and I've been using only red ever since.
It seems that visible close-in spray is the point of these nozzles, even when it's unnecessary or harmful.
I switched to the blue nozzles on my plain PGPs this year. One of the reasons Hunter lists in their brochure for switching is "increased homeowner satisfaction"; I can certainly say the blue color is appealing and did influence me too. ;)

FWIW - my back yard uses 6 PGPs in a pattern that resembles the "6" on a die; in that application (2.5GPM in the corners, 5gpm in the centers), I get 72% DU. I do measure more water closer to the heads and less in the center of the yard, but I don't know if that's necessarily a function of the blue nozzles. My primary reason for picking them is the ease of matching precipitation rates with the quarter/half pattern rotors. The spray pattern (subjective, I know) looked good.

Rate this thread