You are not logged in.

jessieh

Unregistered

Friday, August 30th 2013, 7:50pm

help identifying old rainbird valve

]could someone please help me i dentify this valve and where i might find repair parts? Tech at Sprinkler warehouse was not able to identify. Any help, greatly appreciated.

I am not able to post picture, but could e-mail if you can help.

mrfixit

Friday, August 30th 2013, 10:54pm

Go to http://tinypic.com/

Browse and upload your pic.

Watch the stupid ad and type in the code they give you.

Cut n paste it here the IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards address.

jessieh

Starting Member

Monday, September 2nd 2013, 7:13am

Help identifying rainbird valve

http://i41.tinypic.com/29m88oy.jpg

Tech at Sprinkler warehouse unable to identify.

Can someone tell me what I have, where i can get repair kit or what should I replace with?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, September 2nd 2013, 8:47am

Replace the valves in their entirety. Do it one manifold at a time. I would recommend an Irritrol 2500TF as your go-to replacement valve.

mrfixit

Monday, September 2nd 2013, 2:12pm

That's a really crappy valve. I don't have a clue what the model number it. It was sold at the Home Depot type stores. You wont find replacemant parts at an irrigation supply house. As far as that goes you'll have a hard time finding old stock parts for that valve anywhere.
I see them sometimes on Ebay.

My experience with the inline version of that valve that the ASV didn't have is that the seat cracks. Both model valves have the same problem with the yellow plastic ring splitting in half. If you unscrew the adapter you'll see it. It's the part underneath the solenoid. The whole thing unscrews from the valve, solenoid and all.

I do know you can swap out the parts for an Irritrol 300 if you can't install new valves but from the picture it looks like a really easy job to install new valves.

So basically I agree with Boots. Why repair one of the worst valves ever made...

Rate this thread