You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hossmartin

Monday, March 22nd 2004, 10:54am

Connecting Sprinler Heads

I am designing the sprinkler system for my yard and I am almost done. This may seem like a dumb question but I'm not sure what fittings to use to connect the funny pipe to the sprinkler head (Rainbird 5000+) and the water line (1" poly pipe).
So far everything I have read in the forum gives great reviews on the Tom King Blazing Saddle Tees so I planned on using them. My problem is where the water line terminates. I know I need elbows there but I didn't see 1" to funny pipe elbows, at least not on the sprinklerwarehouse website.
When connecting the sprinkler head to the funny pipe, do I use the 3/4 (mpt) x Swing Pipe Spiral Barb Elbow? The Rainbird website says the connection is 3/4" (20/27) NPT female bottom threaded inlet. What is the difference between mpt and npt?

Thanks

Todd.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Monday, March 22nd 2004, 1:36pm

NPT: Abbreviation for National Pipe Tapered Threads Standard
MPT: Abbreviation for male pipe threads.

I dont believe Blazing Makes and end fitting. You need to cap the end with a barbed end cap . Then attach the standard blazing saddle a few inches from the end

mrwettech

Advanced Member

Monday, March 22nd 2004, 3:00pm

You can also use poly to swing couplers or a poly 90 with the 1/2" female thread outlet on the ends of your runs. Just pull short of the end heads. That works pretty good.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 23rd 2004, 6:28am

You want this.
SBE-075
Rain Bird
3/4 (mpt) x Swing Pipe Spiral Barb Elbow
It can be found a sprinkler warehouse under fittings then under swing pipe fittings.
Thanks,

Pete

hossmartin

Tuesday, March 23rd 2004, 3:01pm

Thanks a lot for the help!

Rate this thread