You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

xsoft

Friday, September 13th 2013, 7:26pm

Rainbird ESP-M Controller Problem???

I have a 7 station ESP-M controller that has 4 stations on the main module and 3 stations on an expansion module. All has been working correctly for the past few years until recently. The problem is with the last station #7 on the expansion module. The controller will advance to this station, start the countdown but it seems like the valve tries to open (spray heads squirts water) but that's it. It never comes on. However, I can manually advance to controller to station #7 and it will work correctly. Also, I can switch station 7 with station 6 and station 7 will come on in place of 6.

Is the problem the controller itself or just the module will need to be replaced???

Thanks,

mrfixit

Friday, September 13th 2013, 11:29pm

Make sure that station 7 isn't set for one minute only.

etsherman

Unregistered

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 11:08am

Rainbird ESP-M Controller Problem???

Thanks for the reply ... Station 7 was set for 10 minutes. It acts like it wants to come on (meaning you can hear air/water squirt for about a second) but nothing after that. I can manually advance it to station 7 and it works just fine. Don't know if I should change the controller or the module itself.

xsoft

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 11:15am

Sorry, had problems logging in earlier.
Thanks for the reply ... Station 7 was set for 10 minutes. It acts like it wants to come on (meaning you can hear air/water squirt for about a second) but nothing after that. I can manually advance it to station 7 and it works just fine. Don't know if I should change the controller or the module itself.

mrfixit

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 12:02pm

Ok I read your manual.
You can try a couple of things.
You can reset the controller to see if that helps. Page 28
If i was you I'd move the module to a different slot to see if that helps. If it still doesn't work I'd say it's the module.
There's a clear memory option you could try if nothing else works. Page 36

xsoft

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 2:54pm

Thanks mrfixit ... Tried all three to no avail. Reset, cleared memory and moved the module to a different slot. Station 7 still will not come on during the Auto Cycles but I can manually advance to it.

I think you are correct, probably the module is bad and will need to be replaced. I will start there first since they are only about $26.

Rate this thread