You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

AdasN

Unregistered

Friday, October 11th 2013, 8:36pm

Toro super 800 vs. Rainbird 5000

I am getting my irrigation installed and decided to go rainbird vs Hunter I20. I did this because I did some research and felt the rainbirds were good enough and honestly the slight difference in cost to me made me it the better choice.
During install after a bunch were already installed my irrigation company told me they went with Toro Super 800 and that they were good if not better the rainbird I thought I was getting? I didn't argue because if they were indeed better I was fine. Reading up on toro I wonder if thats really the case. So my question to everyone is should I be disapointed with Toro super 800 vs the rainbird 5000 series I thought I was getting? If so why? cost, quaility ,warranty ?

Thanks ...

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 12th 2013, 8:02am

As of this year, there is a change in the 5000 heads that may or may not become an issue over time. I suspect it won't, but other installers might want to pass up on the 5000 until things shake out. Don't expect horrible things from the Super800.

AdasN

Unregistered

Saturday, October 12th 2013, 10:04am

As of this year, there is a change in the 5000 heads that may or may not become an issue over time. I suspect it won't, but other installers might want to pass up on the 5000 until things shake out. Don't expect horrible things from the Super800.
Thanks wetboots, looking into it more and seems like toro super 800 are discontinued series not carried by a major wholesaler webpage I was looking at. I guess my concern now is how easy can I switch over to a different brand rotor if the need ever came up ? If swapping out rotors and converting to a different rotor isn't a worry then I'm
not as worried . Do you know if It is?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 12th 2013, 10:22am

Think of the rotor heads as if they were light bulbs that can be changed out, and it becomes less worrisome.

AdasN

Unregistered

Saturday, October 12th 2013, 10:31am

Think of the rotor heads as if they were light bulbs that can be changed out, and it becomes less worrisome.
Ok, thats good to know . Thanks for all the info

Rate this thread