You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Daren

Starting Member

Saturday, March 16th 2002, 11:33am

More water

I have a 3/4 hp pump on res well. I run 7 zones with 6 Maxi Paws on 6 of the zones and the 7th is a drip line approx 1200' long with approx 150 pressure compensating 4gph emitters. My well provides 17 gpm. My pressure is not the greatest, and I would like to cut the watering time down also. I am installing 2 more zones which will be for a pasture and more lawn. My pump will not be able to handle this, so I want to install a complete seperate 2hp pump which says it will provide 6000 gph and dissconnect my well pump from the sprinkler system. I have a Rain Bird controller which has a main valve/pump circut, so I believe I need a pump relay to control the pump. My question is, with the added gph and pressure, will this be to much for my zones, and if so, can I combine 2-4 zones together by jumping the wires on the timer, or should I manually do it by removing some vales? Also, my lines are 1" pvc, will this be to restrictive with the new pumps pressure? I would also like to run the system @60-70lbs of pressure. Does this sound reasonable?

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, May 16th 2003, 2:17pm

Its sounds pretty good!Install the pump for your new zones. If you see you still have alot of Pressure and GPM you can combine zones on the controllr. 1" is fine thats what i install, and some of my systems use 90 PSI, so i think youll be fine!!

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, May 19th 2003, 10:10am

What type of pump is this? Submersible? This is for my own info. I too am looking to replace my current pump.

Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread