You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Monday, March 29th 2004, 1:08pm

how to run wire to the valves?

I plan to run wire to the valves for about 8 zones. I would like to verify that I run 8 wires (lead wires) for each valve and one common wire (from irrigation controller) to connect the common wires of each valve? Please let me know asap Thanks

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Monday, March 29th 2004, 1:18pm

that is correct! Always run a multistrand wire with a couple extra wires for future expansion or troublshooting

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Tuesday, March 30th 2004, 3:40am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aquamatic</i>
<br />that is correct! Always run a multistrand wire with a couple extra wires for future expansion or troublshooting
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That is what i wanted to do at first after being on sprinklerwarehouse.com, but I had already started pulling individual wire (no biggie). I'm confused on how that multi-strand wire is sold though. How do I know how many wires are in a jacket (there's quite a few selections in the store. Let me know for future reference. Thanks

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Tuesday, March 30th 2004, 4:50am

18-5 Coleman Cable

Direct Burial Multi-Strand Irrigation Wire - 5 Conductor -250' coil

The first number ( 18 ) means the gauge size, the second number means the number of wires, in this case 5.

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Tuesday, March 30th 2004, 5:30am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aquamatic</i>
<br />18-5 Coleman Cable

Direct Burial Multi-Strand Irrigation Wire - 5 Conductor -250' coil

The first number ( 18 ) means the gauge size, the second number means the number of wires, in this case 5.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hey thanks, just figured it out as well. thanks for the heads up [8D]

Rate this thread