You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Martha1952

Unregistered

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 2:50pm

irritrol 2500 valve not working after replacement.

I removed the old value and replaced it with the top and the internal parts of a new valve of the same model. I turned the valve on and nothing worked. With the valve still on, the solenoid was buzzing letting me know that I have it wired correctly. I then opened the bleeder valve and the sprinklers came on. After 20-30 seconds I then closed the bleeder valve and the sprinklers stopped two seconds later. Can someone tell me what else I can do to make this work?

mrfixit

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 5:03pm

I'm assuming you also installed the new solenoid.
Look for blockage of a port in the body of the valve. Look at the port right under where the solenoid port seats with the valve body. Could be pinched or some debris in there.
Are you sure the solenoid is opening? Just because it buzzes doesn't mean it's working but it usually is. You could unscrew it while it's on and see if the plunger is depressed into the solenoid.

Tuesday, December 17th 2013, 10:20pm

irritrol valves

Irritrol valves can be very tricky to rebuild you must make sure that every part you replace is put in exactly the way they are supposed to sit or else you will have issues. take it apart again and make sure you have enough room to see the diaphragm sitting correctly.

mrfixit

Tuesday, December 17th 2013, 11:15pm

The 2500's about as easy to rebuild as it gets.

Rate this thread