You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

orion1

Starting Member

Wednesday, March 31st 2004, 1:40pm

Automatic valve buzzing when running

I have "older" Hardie automatic valves in my system, underground in a box, fed by a separate anti-siphon valve, 3/4 inch pipe. My problem is that one of the valve buzzes VERY loud when it is operating. I took it apart, cleaned all the sealing surfaces, and replaced the diaphram with no help. Wondering if the solenoid is bad and if that is what's buzzing? Not much else to replace from the looks of it so I'm confused. The valve turns on and off ok, but if the buzzing is bad enough, it reduces the flow of water to the sprinklers considerably. Any help will be appreciated. New user by the way so a big ****o to all

Rate this thread