You are not logged in.

thisisausername

Starting Member

Friday, December 13th 2013, 11:58am

Water Conservation regulations

Hello,

We are currently under a winter water restriction and can only water the first and third Sunday of the month. I've scoured the internet for a controller that you can program monthly, but I'm coming up short. It seems they all are programmable by the week, which would work fine if all months were the same amount of days long...but that's not the case. I'm desperate here!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, December 13th 2013, 6:16pm

Give up. Water manually. Twice a month is no crushing hardship, and there does not exist a lawn anywhere on planet Earth that can flourish with two waterings per month.

txlawn

Unregistered

Saturday, December 14th 2013, 4:59pm

Hmm... interesting. Where is your location and who is your water authority?

I know BlueSpray can do every 2 Tuesday or 3 Thursday, etc., which might be close to what you're looking for. Its schedule is very flexible, so it might work.

mrfixit

Sunday, December 15th 2013, 12:48am

Try watering every other sunday on program A then once every other sunday on program B.
You need a controller with a 14 day schedule. mtwtfss mtwtfss
--
Now that I've posted this I'm not sure the controller I'm thinking of will work. But I'll leave the post as food for thought.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Dec 15th 2013, 12:59am)

mrfixit

Sunday, December 15th 2013, 1:17am

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Sprink…ollers-s/23.htm
--
I'm thinking you'll find a controller here that might fit your needs one way or another.
--
You should be able to read the manual to each controller on their corresponding pages.

txlawn

Unregistered

Sunday, December 15th 2013, 10:48pm

Played with my BlueSpray controller's programs a little bit. I think I can get it to work on BlueSpray.

1. Set up a schedule that runs every Sunday.
2. Since BlueSpray allows you to cancel future runs, you can go to the Calendar view and see all of your runs. Now, cancel all the runs that do not fall in 1st and 3rd sunday of the month for the duration of your water restriction.

I know it's not 100% automated and ideal, but it's as close to automated as it gets.

I'm also curious to know if any other controller can do this, as water restrictions are popping up everywhere. It doesn't matter if you run Et or how smart your controller is, water restriction trumps them all. In fact, I know a few companies that offer Et based controller go out of business because of the water restrictions in TX.

Rate this thread