You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

maako

Starting Member

Tuesday, April 6th 2004, 5:57am

Bad FEBCO 765 Backflow Valve?

I'm about to be unemployed and don't want to pay to have someone come out to fire-up my system for the summer. It was installed last summer and winterized by the installer in the fall. All of the outside valves were left half-open through the winter. Plastic caps for both Testcocks were off though the winter. Today I opened all the valves, from the water supply and both sides of the backflow valve. Controller off, with all solenoid valves closed. I left the testcock caps off. When I open the inlet valve, water sprays from Testcock 1. When I plug Testcock 1, water sprays from Testcock 2 and from under the canopy. When I plug both testcocks, the system seems to pressurize, but there are small leaks coming from both testcocks.

Questions 1: What's wrong? 2: For summer use, should the Testcocks be plugged with the plastic caps? 3: There are winterization instructions all over the web, but I can't find instructions on how to "summerize" the system - know of any?

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 6th 2004, 4:07pm

The testcocks have a "slot" that is most likely open. You can use a flatblade screwdriver to close the valves. When the slot is perpendicular to the testcock it is closed.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, April 7th 2004, 6:04am

Just need to close up the testcocks-
You mentioned that you had the install last summer. How long is your warranty for with the installer??

If you decide to manage your system yourself and something breaks ytou might just void out your warranty. Replacement parts can run you more expenive than having your contractor in-

Rate this thread