You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JCWood

Tuesday, April 6th 2004, 10:27pm

Blazing Saddles Install

I have designed my system and am in the process of buying the necessary parts. I am a little unclear on blazing saddles and hope that someone can explain. My understanding is that the blazing saddle is slipped over the lateral poly pipe and a threaded fitting is screwed into the saddle so as to pierce the poly pipe. What I do not understand is what then attaches to the saddle. Does the sprinkler head screw into the saddle or is funny pipe attached to the saddle? What has me confused is the small fitting of the saddle, typically 3/4" NPT.

Thanks for all help!

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, April 7th 2004, 5:54am

The new saddles now come with 1/2 slip for funny pipe built into the screw in /piercing part. Noi need for additional fitting for the saddle

rain man

Thursday, April 8th 2004, 4:04pm

Just make sure to use a hose clamp on the 1/2" poly barb.

rain man

Thursday, April 8th 2004, 4:04pm

Just make sure to use a hose clamp on the 1/2" poly barb.

JCWood

Thursday, April 8th 2004, 9:16pm

Aquamatic: Thanks for the reply. However, I cannot use the saddles that SprinklerWarehouse currently sells because my poly pipe is 1 1/4" and SprklrWrhse only has 1" with the funny pipe barb. So, it looks like I must buy the 1 1/4" saddles (BS10000) and use 3/4 (mpt) x Swing Pipe Spiral Barb Male (SBMA-075).

RainMan: Thanks so much for the tip about using hose clamps, I would not have done it.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, April 12th 2004, 5:01am

You dont have to use a clamp with funny pipe that is one of the beautiful things about funny pipe.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread