You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dzuroff

Wednesday, April 7th 2004, 2:48pm

Pump problems

I am at my wits end and I really need some advice. I have a 2hp Flint & Walling CJ101 Centrifugal pump that was spraying water when turned on, but I had plenty of pressure to run the sprinkler system just fine. I wanted to correct the spray problem so I replaced the rotary seal and found one of the impellers was looking pretty rough so I also replaced the impeller. I connected the pump again, primed it, then fired it up. Now I get absolutely nothing. I have tried everything I can think of to get this thing to draw water. I have filled the pump and intake pipe with water and as I type this the pump has been running now for about 45 minutes and still nothing is happening. I don't think it is my well because it worked fine before I replaced the pump parts. I also verified the check valve is working fine, and I don't have a pressure tank. The pump is directly connected to the well. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 13th 2004, 5:38pm

Clogged intake maybe?

Rate this thread