You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Murphy

Monday, April 12th 2004, 12:42pm

Sloped side yard install

My side yard is approximately 20 feet wide and 60 feet long. The problem is the yard drops off 8 feet from the front to the back due to a daylight basement. What is the best way to install heads in a location like this? I am worried about the heads spraying poorly uphill. How do I install sprinklers in this sort of yard?

Thanks.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 13th 2004, 6:49am

The books that show do-it-your-selfers to install sprinklers on a slope seem to always indicate that the sprinkler should be perpendicular to the slope and not installed strait up and down. The also indicate that you must allow for less throw up hill and more throw down hill, so you must install sprinklers closer to the uphill side.

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 13th 2004, 4:07pm

Install a head in each corner, then a head every 20' along the 60' side for a total of 8 heads. The nozzles that throw uphill will need to be slightly larger than the downhill nozzles to account for the uphill throw. The uphill throwing heads may even need to be "tilted" back a little bit to make the uphill throw.

The most important part is setting your timer to cycle thru the zones several times during the watering of your lawn.

Rate this thread