You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

raider

Monday, April 12th 2004, 5:52pm

How to "cap off a head"

In a previous post the advice was given to systematically "cap off" pop-up head to locate a break in the line. Can this be done with the rain bird 2 1/2 pop-ups. I inherited a system when I bought my current house and started it up for the season (probably too early). There was a head that was leaking where it connects to a 1/2 close size riser that connects to a tee in the main line. I replaced the whole sprinkler after finding that they are cheap to buy. Everything was fine and then another head leaked and now i have another. Now when the system turns on all 5 heads just bubble until I manually pull one or two of them up and then everything is great. Please help.

Frustrated, Oregon

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 13th 2004, 5:35pm

You can cap off the heads.....
There should be a screw on top of the nozzle on all the heads, turn them until there is no water shooting out anymore. There might be a little trickling out, but that is ok.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 13th 2004, 5:36pm

But also make sure that when you turn the screw you don't turn the nozzle off the collar otherwise you will get really wet!

Rate this thread