You are not logged in.

Monday, April 19th 2004, 4:55pm

REPLACING TORO HEADS THAT ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

[/font=Comic Sans MS] We installed a sprinkler system ourselves with the <font color="red">Toro Multistream Lawn Sprinklers (Model #: 53278)</font id="red"> all over the whole yard (as recommended by the Toro Design Center) last year. We already have 2 that need to be replaced and have been unable to find an acceptible alternative due to the fact that the newest replacement from Toro takes up too much of the water pressure in a zone[:(!]. They are popup sprinklers. Any suggestions? THANKS![/font=Comic Sans MS]

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Tuesday, April 20th 2004, 3:57am

RB and Hunter have multistream nozzles. Also MPRotator also came out with something similiar

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 21st 2004, 5:44am

Email me with the model #...I have some friends at Toro....

sprinklersolutions@msn.com
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Wednesday, April 21st 2004, 9:14am

The sprinkler head is the 350 Series Adjustable Radius Nozzle, Model 53278, the Multistream Lawn Sprinkler. THANKS! Jennifer

Monday, August 15th 2005, 8:07am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rjgschafer</i>
<br />The sprinkler head is the 350 Series Adjustable Radius Nozzle, Model 53278, the Multistream Lawn Sprinkler. THANKS! Jennifer
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Monday, August 15th 2005, 8:14am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rjgschafer</i>
<br />The sprinkler head is the 350 Series Adjustable Radius Nozzle, Model 53278, the Multistream Lawn Sprinkler. THANKS! Jennifer
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Jennifer

I just read your posting and I wondered what solution you went with. I also installed a Toro system using the model 53278. Every year, I needed to replace one or two sprinkler because the plasic rotor inside the head would fail. Toro no longer makes the 53278 and their tech. representatives recommended their new 340 multistream lawn sprinkler model 53757 that does not work as well as the 53278; it seems that there is not enough water pressure. Did you go with another manufacturer?
Thanks
Mark

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Monday, August 15th 2005, 4:58pm

msullivan321,

I am not sure that you are going to find your answer because that member has not posted in quite some time. In case you don't get your answer, I would scrap the Toro heads and replace them with a different head altogether. In my opinion, and that of many others, the Toro heads just simply don't stand up against the competition. Either the Hunter PGP or the Rainbird 5000 head is great, and both work well with low and high water pressures.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Friday, August 19th 2005, 4:00pm

Thanks for the information. I'm a bit new to working this type of forum and I did not appreciate the date of the prior message. Will give Hunter or Rain Bird a try.

Thanks again.

Mark

rjritchie

Starting Member

Saturday, June 16th 2007, 8:52pm

The Walla-Walla sprinkler Cos

MP3000 rotator turns out to be a very nice
replacement for the Toro 53278 adjustable multistream.

The 3000 has a nominal radius of 30' which is a little bit
more that the 53278. With my pressure the radius is more
like 25' for the MP3000 and 20' for the old Toros.

There is an MP2000 model with a nominal radius of 20'

I bought mine at Ewing irrigation here in San Jose.

See the website:

http://www.mprotator.com/

Rate this thread