You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pobie

Starting Member

Thursday, April 22nd 2004, 4:26am

TORO controller does not open valve

I'm running a TORO Vision II Plus system. This week I turned on the system just like I have been for the last 5 years and the zone valves are not responding to the controller commands. Everything from the controller to the valve box looks and behaves normal. I even shutoff the Rain Sensor just in case it was malfuctioning, no luck there. The only way I can get water is to manually open the valve at the valve box.
Would appreciate any advice, Thanks![8D]

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 22nd 2004, 11:00am

Is it just one valve or all of them- If its all of them, in most cases its a bad ground. Check for any breaks in the wire. There are many options to try . Lets figure out if its only 1 or all valves first.

One thing I use to see if its a controller problem- Use to jumpers from where your 2 wires from the transformer connect inside the controller to the common and connect the other wire to each zone wire.

ANother thing might be your transformer that i not giving the full 24volts to activate the solenoids. Use a test meter and check that out also

Rate this thread