You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

merkruzer

Starting Member

Saturday, May 1st 2004, 3:25am

Pvb leak/question

I have searched for answers to this with no luck. I recently replaced my quality looking heavy metal pvb that had hammered on occasion, and leaked for a few seconds between zones with a much cheaper looking toro pvb in plastic. ( I could not find a decent one at the time) Problem is now worse...On initial startup for the day it leaks horribly, and will not stop till I shut the valves, open the first fast then the second slowly, but then does it again for the next zone. pressure is about 45-55 ( well system) and flow was measured at the 1/2 inch hose bib at around 5gph at that pressure. I am sure the flow is much higher ar the 1" line. Also when the bone heads installed the system they put it in after the water treatment system which drops it down to 3/4" before and after the system..... Any suggestions

Rate this thread