You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Tuesday, May 11th 2004, 7:16pm

PVB on an outdoor well pump overkill?

Will it be worth it to keep my PVB that I have connected after my well pump for backflow. I just want to be certain that it won't rob me of too much precious pressure needed to water my zones properly.

Also, how did you guys with well pumps test your installation manually for your zones? I'm making about 40-49 psi according to my gauge and flowing from valves to lateral pipes that are 1 1/4" (I should have good flow). I'm planning to try and get a wet test started tomorrow as well. Just want to make sure that I get everything right. Let me know on the PVB as well as testing my heads manually with the pump (i can manually turn on the pump relay). Thanks again.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 12th 2004, 9:42am

Really no need to unless your well is also being used for potable water in your home

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 12th 2004, 10:21am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aquamatic</i>
<br />Really no need to unless your well is also being used for potable water in your home
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Should I go ahead and uninstall it then? It's actually already installed.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 12th 2004, 3:33pm

pressure loss is minimal. Leave it on!

radical

Tuesday, June 15th 2004, 3:39pm

Rule of thumb - open discharge gallons per minute divided by 2 = circuit design max gpm. In other words if you have 60 gallon per minute at open discharge you can safely design your circuits at 25 to 30 gallons per minute.
Richard Kersten

S&R Sprinkler Systems and Landscaping, Inc.
Destin, Florida

Rate this thread