You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sheehyjo

Sunday, May 16th 2004, 8:10am

Toro Valve not working

I just installed a system in my yard. It is a toro ezflow valve with 6 rainbird rotors on it operating off of a submersible pump. The valve does not operate. I have taken it apart and flushed it out, as per toro's website. I have the manual control almost totally off. When i try to turn on that zone, the rotor sometimes slowly pops up with a little water squirting out. I have tried different wires and different locations in the timer to rule out problems with each. My question are 1) is there any other way to flush it out other than just taking in apart and turning on the water and 2) i got this valve from the irrigation guy who pulled the pipe and installed the well, can i use the valve parts from the home depot and just drop them into the existing body without taking it off the manifold? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as i took my free time over the last week to install everything and now i still have to manually water my lawn in that zone.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Monday, May 17th 2004, 4:06am

Have you tried opening it manually but doing a 1/4 turn on the solenoid? You could have a fective valve or solenoid.

sheehyjo

Monday, May 17th 2004, 6:13am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aquamatic</i>
<br />Have you tried opening it manually but doing a 1/4 turn on the solenoid? You could have a fective valve or solenoid.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have opened it manually and flushed it out. I think i will just buy a new one and replace the top.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Monday, May 17th 2004, 7:48am

Thats your best bet. Just replace the guts. No need to remove the entire valve

Rate this thread