You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

samjaynes

Monday, May 17th 2004, 1:11pm

Saddles - Longevity or use T's

I am trying to plan out my sprinkler system using the poly lines. I have seen the use of saddles and wonder how they hold up our climate in Utah. The ones I have physically seen are the ones you drill a hole in and clamp down the sides with two screws on the sides. I saw someone mention a self-tapping one.

Suggestions???

BSME

Advanced Member

Tuesday, June 1st 2004, 2:01pm

I'm sure you've made your decision by now but I would like to cast a vote against using saddles... easier to snap... insert poly fittings with swing pipe is what to use if you want "longevity"

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 1st 2004, 3:08pm

I second that bsme, however, i have never used saddles so I can't give an objective opinion.

hey bsme, you post on lawnsite too, right?

bobw

Advanced Member

Tuesday, June 1st 2004, 6:42pm

I really don't like using saddles on lawns, mainly due to frost heaves. If they heave, you've got to dig up a lot of line to get a head back down again. I'd much rather use a T and an elbow so that I have some flex in the setup.

Rate this thread