You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Oliver

Starting Member

Thursday, May 20th 2004, 5:32am

Toro Valve Series 252 Model 53682

Hi,

The problem began with zone 2 not watering to capacity. Not knowing anything about the valve, I adjusted the bleed screw, which bumped the flow up to capacity (I don't know why but it did). This wasn't a fix though as I noticed the grass starting to brown. I pulled the valve apart and checked the diaphram. It looks good, no holes or tears. Now, the valve won't turn off regardless of what zone I'm running. I've disconnected the wire at the controller and the zone still runs. I've checked the ohmns, which I was told could indicate a break in the ground loop but I got 33ohms on the reading. I also checked the solonid and I got 22.5 volts. I am at a loss! I haven't turned on the pump with the valve apart, I thought I would do that next. At this time I have the flow control turned to 60% capacity so that the other zones aren't syphoned off too much.

Thanks for any ideas.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Friday, May 21st 2004, 6:15am

Its a TORO!! Replace the entire valve. Go with a RB or Hunter Valve

Rate this thread