You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hjc13

Thursday, May 27th 2004, 10:48am

Valve Box Install

Sorry if this is a really basic question. I've been reading about setting up the valve box with rocks and mesh but, when you're installing the valve box, does the incoming copper pipe go through the hole in the side of box or underneath? And the pipe after the valves going to the heads, do they go down through the rocks and underneath the box and then out? I'm looking to do the valve box install this weekend. Does anyone have or can they point me to a good diagram? Thanks in advance for your help.

PS, This forum is excellent!!

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Thursday, May 27th 2004, 11:24am

If you get a deep box you canrun it through the holes. For residential we mainly use the shallow 12" which just sit ontop of the piping, then we throw in a small layer of 3/4 crushed stone

hjc13

Thursday, May 27th 2004, 5:19pm

That sounds great! Thank you for your quick response. Do you know of any links that have some good descriptive pictures?

Rate this thread