You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BTanner

Sunday, May 30th 2004, 4:12pm

Strip design question 12'x240'

Planning to use Rain Bird 1804 Sprays @ 30psi with 15H and 15Q nozzles spaced every 10' only on one side. Will it work? If not, any suggestions?

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 1st 2004, 12:00pm

You will not get even watering, i.e. you will have to water longer to provide enough water along the side without heads resulting in overwatering the side that the heads are on.

Ideally, you should use 12' nozzles spaced 12' apart on both sides of your strip.

radical

Tuesday, June 15th 2004, 1:25pm

You would use less heads and still obtain head to head and matched precipitation if you triangularly spaced your heads on 12' centers.
Richard Kersten

S&R Sprinkler Systems and Landscaping, Inc.
Destin, Florida

BTanner

Wednesday, June 16th 2004, 3:45am

Thanks, should be installing my system this weekend. Wish me luck!!!

Tom

Supreme Member

Friday, June 18th 2004, 1:13pm

You would only use 1 less head if you triangulated the spacing.

The problem becomes the squared off ends-you have to water 6 feet past the edge to obtain triangular spacing.

Rate this thread