You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BTanner

Sunday, May 30th 2004, 4:27pm

Looking to buy controller for 12 zone system

I've been looking at a controller by Orbit Irrigation model# 57012 (think that's right) Found at my local Home Depot. Any feedback or experience (good or bad) with Orbit Irrigation Controllers?

BSME

Advanced Member

Tuesday, June 1st 2004, 1:59pm

Only that I cringe whenever I see one in a homeowners garage... I dont know what they cost so it could be a good bargain but it seems that anything you buy at Home Depot ends up costing you more in the long run.... sprinklerwarehouse will give you contractor-like discounts on timers... the Rainbird ESP and Hunter Pro-C are the most user friendly I believe... I use the Pro-C because it has a built in calendar for odd/even watering and I like the way you can easily hook up rain sensors and remotes for it....

radical

Tuesday, June 15th 2004, 5:04pm

Yes please go to your local Irrigation supplier, look in the yellow pages. For God's sake don't go to Home Depot or Lowes. When ever I see one at a clients house I know the problem starts there. I recommend they upgrade to a Commercial Grade Rainbird or Hunter Pro-C. Rainbird ESP LX models also have odd/even watering, rain sensor and remote connections. Ask the professionals not Homer!
Richard Kersten

S&R Sprinkler Systems and Landscaping, Inc.
Destin, Florida

BTanner

Wednesday, June 16th 2004, 3:46am

Thanks!!!!

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 9:21am

use a hunter icc from a supplier.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 7th 2005, 7:40pm

You can get a professional grade Hunter Pro-C controller here at Sprinkler Warehouse for about the same cost as one of the cheap brands from a home improvement store. Don't waste your time or your money, buy the professional grade stuff.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 5:50pm

I mainly install outdoor Hunter Pro-C because ease of use and it is water tight and you can lock it.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Sprinkler Pro

Thursday, April 20th 2006, 6:57am

Orbit is junk, Rainbird or Hunter only, Dont cheat yourself with a crappy controller

wetyet

Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 6:10am

Hunter Pro-C is great and the R/B ESP as well. If you think you will ever need more than the twelve zones, think about the Hunter ICC or Rainbird ESP's with more zone capacity.
WetYet? Joe Pell

Rate this thread