You are not logged in.

dhoang

Wednesday, June 2nd 2004, 2:53pm

wiring problem

some one did a repair and wired two zones together, and now there is not enough pressure for the system to work. are there any alternatives to running a new wire to one of the zones. The previous wire was cut.

mrwettech

Advanced Member

Wednesday, June 2nd 2004, 5:39pm

There is a device called a "doubler". It works great in a situation as you described. It acts like a train track switch. You wire this device to the one good field wire and then to the two valves. The only thing to keep in mind is that the device must go to rest between those two zone runs. This is usually achieved by running another zone run between those two or with a time delay between zones. Also, you just need to run a jumper wire in the controller between your selected zone terminals. It is very easy to install and it works great in a situation like yours. I hope that helps.

dhoang

Wednesday, June 2nd 2004, 5:51pm

were can i find a "doubler"

mrwettech

Advanced Member

Thursday, June 3rd 2004, 2:05pm

I checked with Sprinkler Warehouse first and I did not see it in their product line. If I missed it I am sorry SW. I do not wish to redirect business from SW but, after price checking I feel they still beat the list price on most products. You can get a Doubler at www.JohnDeereLandscapes.com. Once again, I am sorry if SW carries this product.

Rate this thread