You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

golfer67

Starting Member

Thursday, June 3rd 2004, 12:32pm

business opportunity

I'm thinking about taking a class and starting a sprinkler system installation business. I just cam across this site and thought I would ask the pros my questions. Is there good moeny to be made in installing residential sprinkler systems. I had a friend tell me there is....so I'm trying to explore it further. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Friday, June 4th 2004, 4:23am

From what I've seen, Sprinkler Talk is more focused on the do-it-yourselfer.

But http://www.lawnsite.com/ seems to be more focused on the professional. I'd suggest doing some lurking and asking questions there.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 9th 2004, 2:47pm

Be careful what you say there, I don't like the people that run that place.......it's more like a dictatorship and all the want is praise, you opinion something about the site that is bad, your gone.

www.lawncafe.com

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 9th 2004, 6:45pm

Thanks for the info RVLI, but I haven't even been on the site enough to bother registering there. I just quickly noticed how alot of the poster there seemed to be professional while most everyone here is a DIY.

radical

Tuesday, June 15th 2004, 7:09pm

I would advise working for an Irrigation company for a few years before starting out on your own. Learn all you can, get your licenses, liability, workman's comp etc. Check out this site for some pointers www.irrigationtutorials.com. There is good money in it but you have to stand behind your work and don't cut corners - they tend to bite you in the end.
Richard Kersten

S&R Sprinkler Systems and Landscaping, Inc.
Destin, Florida

Rate this thread