You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Markhm

Starting Member

Friday, January 3rd 2014, 10:09pm

Signature 8026 controller

Hi All. I am in New Zealand and this is my first post as I need some help before my wife comes home.

I have just purchased a Signature 8026 controller and rotors. It is all installed (have manually tested and all works fine) but I cannot understand how to programme the controller so my 4 zones turn on sequentially. I am looking to have zone 1 turn on 1st for 20 mins, then turn off before zone 2 turns on for 20 minutes...etc.

Can anyone help me please with a simple set of instructions? The instructions in the box arent that clear. Appreciate your help.

mrfixit

Friday, January 3rd 2014, 11:24pm

I wont be able to make it any clearer than the manual.
Basically you want 1 start time only on program A.
Then set the run times for each zone.
They'll run in sequence now on the days of the week you've programmed in as long at the controllers in the on position.
Check out this link. It has wiring diagrams and the instructions on how to program.
Link

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, January 4th 2014, 3:17pm

Beware of falling into the trap of trying to program a sprinkler controller like you would a video recorder.

Think of a cycle of sprinkling in the way you would your morning wakeup routine. It only takes one time set on your alarm clock to get you awake, and showered, and dressed, and fed, and off to work.

It only takes one start time to run a complete cycle of watering.

SmartEarthAustin

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 7:50pm

I agree with mrfixit and wet boots.

Keep in mind the reset button is your friend. One of my number one calls is customers with irrigation systems that will not turn off. Turns out they usually they have to many start times or a separate program.

All controllers need three things to operate. Start time, station run time and the day in which to run. It is very easy to get programs and start times mixed up, especially with today's high tech controllers
http://www.smartearthsprinklers.com/

Cheers!

Gabriel
Licensed Irrigator
Austin, Texas

Rate this thread