You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sena

Starting Member

Saturday, June 5th 2004, 5:15am

One zone stays on while others are in use

I have set a zone to 00 minutes, yet it comes on when all the others are doing their cycle.
Also, we didn't put the system in, so we don't know how to locate the valves (if this is actually the problem). Where are the valves typically located?

Sena

Tuesday, July 27th 2004, 11:03am

The valves or solenoids as they are known is probably the culprit. It is probably hung open due to sand or a bad seal.
As for finding the solenoids yourself it will detail a lot of probing with a rod of some sort. It would be best to call a contractor who specializes in installing sprinkler systems. Ask beforehand if he has a wire tracer or solenoid detector.
If he does use him, if he does not he will probably look for the valves as I told you to do, and it will cost you more due to his hours involved to find them. Normally a solenoid will cost between 10 and 20 dollars less labor.
Different contractors put them in different places.
Preferably where I put them is close to the water source or the controller(timer).
Good luck

Rate this thread