You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

upacreek

Starting Member

Saturday, June 5th 2004, 6:26am

Rainbird ESP Modular Controller programs

Hi,
We had a RainBird system installed last year. It uses the ESP Modular Controller. We have 7 zones. It has three Programs, but last year I used only Program A. This year I tried setting up Program B, which seem to go OK except that it looked to me like it ran both Program A and B even though the Program selector switch was set to B. Is this the way it is supposed to work? Will it run all Programs that have had been configured regardless of where the Program switch is set? Is there a way to disable this feature? Also, this year we had a rain sensor added which seems to work well. However, yesterday for some reason at least one of the zones activated in the middle of the day, at a time that was not programmed into either Program A or B. Would the rain sensor in any way affect when the programs run, not just whether they should run at the programmed times? In other words, would the controller remember that it missed a watering and delay the programmed start time until the rain sensor said it was OK to water? I see no documentation that would indicate thatand don't really think that's the way it works. However, last year I didn't see this behaviour, but I didn't use more than one Program and I did not have a rain sensor. Thanks.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 9th 2004, 2:33pm

There are two different set times for the A and B programs. My guess is that you have the start times for both programs set relitively close to each other. You might want to check that out.

bhype23

Monday, May 29th 2006, 7:51pm

I have the same question. I have the Rainbird ESP Modular that has three programs, A, B, and C. I want my lawn on one schedule and my shrubs drip line on another. If I enter program A for my lawns, program B for my driplines, but leave the program selection to either A or B, will both programs be honored? Or will it only run the program that is selected? I guess the ideal option would be for an additional toggle on the program switch that said Run All Programs.

Thanks

bobw

Advanced Member

Tuesday, May 30th 2006, 3:53am

The selector switch is for programming. The controller will run ALL programs at their scheduled time. So, if you set up A and B, both will run.

The rain sensor will cause the controller to miss a cycle. The controller will NOT try to schedule later, etc.

bhype23

Tuesday, May 30th 2006, 7:36am

RVLI, thanks for the reply. This is what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Thank you.

B

Rate this thread