You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Keokolo

Tuesday, June 29th 2004, 1:25pm

sprinkler mist

****o everyone,
I am having a problem with my sprinkler system. The heads are throwing out a mist in the frontyard and I can see the grass is not growing as fast as the grass in the backyard. Is there anything I could do to fix this problem?

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 29th 2004, 3:23pm

mist as in vapor going into the air and not onto your lawn?

pressure is the culprit, too high a pressure to be exact.

if these are spray heads, you can replace with heads that have a built in pressure regulator(rainbird 1804 prs for example), or you can use a valve that has flow control-just adjust the flow down till the misting decreases.

if these heads are rotors you can use a flow control valve as described above.

Keokolo

Wednesday, June 30th 2004, 4:13am

****o Tom,
yea, mist is the culprit. What if the heads are Toro, does it make a difference? And what do you mean by a valve that has flow control? What do I look for on the valve for flow control?

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, June 30th 2004, 9:41am

Your other option is installing an inline regulator after the valve. We install 30psi regualtor on most of our high pressure systems (spray zones) and 50psi on rotor zones.
These must be installed down stream of the valve.

Tom

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 30th 2004, 12:01pm

I don't agree with a 30 psi regulator after a valve. You will not get the desired 30 psi at your spray heads.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:11am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Keokolo</i>
<br />****o Tom,
yea, mist is the culprit. What if the heads are Toro, does it make a difference? And what do you mean by a valve that has flow control? What do I look for on the valve for flow control?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There are valves with a flow control knob on top of some of the valves. It adjusts how much water the valve lets out. They will say flow control at the online store if you buy them from SW.

Rate this thread