You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

memoguy

Wednesday, June 30th 2004, 10:02am

Valve Manifold Location

I am about to install my sprinkler system. I would like to place my valves in a homemade wooden box (6 valves) against the back of the garage, about 2 feet above ground level. I don't want to bury them or have to buy valve boxes. I see most people put them in the ground. Any reasons why I should not do this?? Appreciate your help.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:08am

Why not spend the money and get a durable plastic box. Eventually, the wood will rot, causing the hole to cave in, you may never be able to find your valves again. Secondly if they are anti-siphon valves that is ok to put them above the ground, inline valves are typically for an underground situation. Bury them and put them in a plastic box.

nestors

Advanced Member

Saturday, July 10th 2004, 7:22pm

First of all , Where are you located ? If you are in south florida you are OK , but if you are in any freeze area you might crack all your valves and pipes in winter . And have to replace the whole manifold .

Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting

www.georgialighting.net
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rate this thread