You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

raider

Monday, July 5th 2004, 9:59pm

funny pipe question

My parents have inherited a sprinkler system that is hooked up to a hose bib and is 3/4 poly pipe. Each sprinkler has about 3 ft of funny pipe running to a tee inline with the 3/4 poly. I also have a similar system but no funny pipe. All of my heads are installed directly on the an inline tee int the poly pipe. My parents have more pressure but have a lot less throw on the heads and more time at initial startup for the heads to pop up. My question is, do you lose pressure when using the funny pipe resulting in shorter throw distances?

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Thursday, July 8th 2004, 11:26am

As long as its under 5' of Funny Pipe, It will not affect your flow and pressure. The difference between your and the other is actuall water source at the house.

Funny pipe is the newer version of installing heads to lateral piping.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 8th 2004, 12:37pm

Because you say that they have less throw, more pressure, and a longer duration before heads pop-up, it sounds like the length of the pipe from the house to the heads might be longer on your parents system than yours. Their net pressure to the heads could also be lower than your if they have more heads running from the same pipe from the house, in which case the higher flow rate is resulting in a greater pressure loss.

Then we might also be comparing apples to oranges (their heads might be ajusted to a different throw, they are using different heads resulting in different flow pattern and again a different pressue loss, etc).

Rate this thread