You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 6th 2004, 11:05pm

why is my controller flashing me?

Hi, I am hoping someone here can assist me. I moved into a house that has an Irritrol Total Control sprinkler system already in place. Unfortunately, the previous owner didn't leave the manual.

Still, I was able to use it every other day on the "manual program" setting in which it will turn on each of the 6 zones for a specified number of minutes in sequence. I was content with that since i am lost when it comes to this sort of stuff. However, my young son got into the controller (which is mounted outside) while I was putting something away and now it won't even do that. There is also a new message on the display that wasn't there before: "<i>master valve</i>." Most perplexing is that it has 4 different programs A through D. I stuck to "Program A" when turning on the sprinkler manually (and sequentially). I never dealt with the other programs. The setting was on Program D when I discovered my son mauling it. Now, when I try to turn it on as usual, instead of starting up when I turn the dial to "Run", it merely flashes "A" and "D" at me as if I were never pressing the "ON" button to begin the manual sequence.

I do hope this makes sense and someone can help me. Here is a link to what the controller looks like:

http://www.irritrolsystems.com/controllers/totalcontrol.html

thanks.

ps- Did I mention that the sprinkler now turns on at odd times more than once a day (!) and I cannot figure out how to stop it? Please save my pocketbook.

bobw

Advanced Member

Wednesday, July 7th 2004, 4:25am

go to http://www.irritrol.com/controller_manuals/index.html#total%20control to download the manual.

Wednesday, July 7th 2004, 8:03pm

hey! how'd you find that?! i looked everywhere on that site for the manual. thanks. :)

Rate this thread