You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kmac17

Starting Member

Thursday, July 15th 2004, 10:34am

How many values in a box??

Simple question really. How big of a box do I need to cover my valves. Being a novice I'd like to get it right the first time.

I've got the following...
a 5 valve zone.
a 3 valve zone with a 200 mesh filter (for the drip in the garden)
a 3 valuve zone

The web sites all give dimensions, but it's not clear to me how big a valve really is. I plan to use the rainbird manifold parts so things should be pretty neat and close together.

Thanks in advance, Kevin.

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, December 9th 2004, 8:47am

use a 9" box for each one
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

GrazerZ

Tuesday, January 11th 2005, 8:36am

That all depends on where all of the zones are in relation to main line. I hate to see bunches of the rounds all over the place, looks dumb to me, and they only fit one valve each. I would opt for standard boxes with two or three valves in each with up to four. They sell six valve manifolds, but require a jumbo box. They are JUMBO though, and would have to be in a place no too easily seen. I have found that drip zones with filters require a little more creativity sometimes since the filter takes up so much room. What I do is dry build the valve manifold on a table then play with different configurations until I like what I have. Hope this helps.

Rate this thread