You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dminott

Tuesday, August 17th 2004, 9:56pm

New Installation

I am planning on having a system installed in a few weeks. The area is a 60x100 plot located in Nassau County, NY.
I've narrowed down the list to one company, but was wondering if someone could help me decide if the proposed system is OK.
I was quoted a system using Hunter PGP rotaries, Toro mist 3" pop-ups w/ schedule 80 risers, Hunter Pro-C controller with either 7 or 8 zones, depending upon flow test, Mini-Clik rain sensor, 100 PSI Oil Creek poly, 18 Gauge wire (with 12 pairs), all domestic water connections to be "L" copper(?), separate ball-cock shutoff, blowout fittings, check valve with breaker (is this equiv. to a backflow preventer, or is that needed as well?, Lasco poly and stainless clamps, Richdel solenoids (haven't heard of them!).

The company reputation is spotless with many excellent referrals.
Their price is around $300 higher than the other quotes, but that is not an issue with me.

Is there anything here that I should be questioning?
Thank you in advance!

P.S. I just discovered this group, and have read practically EVERY post! This is one of the most informative and orderly groups I've come across. Kudos to all!
Dave

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, August 18th 2004, 9:31am

What is the warranty comparisons? Labor? Parts?

dminott

Wednesday, August 18th 2004, 3:03pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aquamatic</i>
<br />What is the warranty comparisons? Labor? Parts?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi Aquamatic;

Warranties are the same, Parts as listed in my last post.
Not sure what you mean by "Labor"? All companies are using similar sized crews, will finish job in one day.
Prices range from $1800-$2300. Is this enough information, or do you need more[?]

Thanks,
Dave

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Friday, August 20th 2004, 4:05am

I measn warranty on workmanship ( labor)

dminott

Friday, August 20th 2004, 6:00am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aquamatic</i>
<br />I measn warranty on workmanship ( labor)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

They warrant (or guarantee) their workmanship for two years.
They have been in business for 18 years, and have a clean record with the BBB and NY state.
Dave

billingsleyj

Friday, August 20th 2004, 10:42am

Dave,

You may want to pay more for a contractor with excellent referrals. Anyone can install a system, by the ones that will come out when you need them are priceless.

John

dminott

Wednesday, August 25th 2004, 6:55pm

Can someone give me a bit more detailed answer to my original post?
I will repeat it below, as it does seem to cover what replies I've already received.

"I am planning on having a system installed in a few DAYS. The area is a 60x100 plot located in Nassau County, NY.
I've narrowed down the list to one company, but was wondering if someone could help me decide if the proposed system is OK.
I was quoted a system using Hunter PGP rotaries, Toro mist 3" pop-ups w/ schedule 80 risers, Hunter Pro-C controller with either 7 or 8 zones, depending upon flow test, Mini-Clik rain sensor, 100 PSI Oil Creek poly, 18 Gauge wire (with 12 pairs), all domestic water connections to be "L" copper(?), separate ball-cock shutoff, blowout fittings, check valve with breaker (is this equiv. to a backflow preventer, or is that needed as well?, Lasco poly and stainless clamps, Richdel solenoids (haven't heard of them!).

The company reputation is spotless with many excellent referrals.
Their price is around $300 higher than the other quotes, but that is not an issue with me.

Is there anything here that I should be questioning?
Thank you in advance!"

The only change I've made is that my time frame has narrowed to DAYS instead of weeks!
Thanks again to those who did offer comments.

Dave

Rate this thread