You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ppotter

Monday, August 23rd 2004, 6:06am

Winterization

Hi,

I know it is still August, but I have just moved into a new house with a sprinkler system (new to me), and want to figure out how to winterize before it gets too cold.

I am in Memphis, so it does not get outrageously cold, but I cannot figure out what to do. I have a large brass connector (backflow preventer?) separated by two valves in PVC pipe, above ground (in one of those funky green boxes). The brass component is a flat square device with no obvious connections apart from the 2 PVC pipes. Also, near the main water meter there is a green box in the ground with what looks like a drain valve. This box is about 20 feet below the level of the brass valve. The control for the sprinklers is on the opposite side of the house from the above ground box with a pvc tube, presumable carrying wires to the control valves, disappearing into the ground. However, I cannot find the control valves or the main shutoff for the sprinkler system.

Anyone have any suggestions about winterizing, and shutoffs etc?

Thanks

Phil

Rate this thread