You are not logged in.

OscarNav

Monday, August 30th 2004, 5:32pm

Recommend me a replacement valve....

I'm looking to see if you guys can recommend me a good 1" control valve to replace a cheap orbit one i have thats apparently leaking. I have not yet disasembles the valve to see if anything is stuck or the diaphram is leaking, i just assume change it out for a better one.

I have a bit of water hammer that probably added to the orbit valve giving out in 1 year, is there ANY valves out there that will help with this problem? Shut off slower? I'm looking to buy this locally, and would appreciate a name and model number to what you guys recommend, so i can maybe find it and buy it over this Labor day weekend.

This valve i need to replace is the last zone that closes on a 2 cycle of 20 Min. intravels every other day, therefore i beleive this is the valve that receives the most punishment, am i right? Please let me know, Thanks.

OscarNav

Tuesday, September 7th 2004, 9:24pm

Anyone..? Any Suggestions?

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, September 8th 2004, 3:54am

We use Hunter PGV and are very happy with them. We have also used Irritrol on higher end projects that require a more rugged valve

jpeter

Friday, September 17th 2004, 4:15am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aquamatic</i>
<br />We use Hunter PGV and are very happy with them. We have also used Irritrol on higher end projects that require a more rugged valve
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I Have always used one of the cheaper rainbird valves; the DV. I haven't had to replace one yet and it is easy to install.

nestors

Advanced Member

Sunday, October 31st 2004, 1:33pm

Use a Hunter srv or hpv very easy to replace in future .

Nestor's
Ga.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rate this thread