You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

OscarNav

Monday, August 30th 2004, 5:32pm

Recommend me a replacement valve....

I'm looking to see if you guys can recommend me a good 1" control valve to replace a cheap orbit one i have thats apparently leaking. I have not yet disasembles the valve to see if anything is stuck or the diaphram is leaking, i just assume change it out for a better one.

I have a bit of water hammer that probably added to the orbit valve giving out in 1 year, is there ANY valves out there that will help with this problem? Shut off slower? I'm looking to buy this locally, and would appreciate a name and model number to what you guys recommend, so i can maybe find it and buy it over this Labor day weekend.

This valve i need to replace is the last zone that closes on a 2 cycle of 20 Min. intravels every other day, therefore i beleive this is the valve that receives the most punishment, am i right? Please let me know, Thanks.

OscarNav

Tuesday, September 7th 2004, 9:24pm

Anyone..? Any Suggestions?

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, September 8th 2004, 3:54am

We use Hunter PGV and are very happy with them. We have also used Irritrol on higher end projects that require a more rugged valve

jpeter

Friday, September 17th 2004, 4:15am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aquamatic</i>
<br />We use Hunter PGV and are very happy with them. We have also used Irritrol on higher end projects that require a more rugged valve
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I Have always used one of the cheaper rainbird valves; the DV. I haven't had to replace one yet and it is easy to install.

nestors

Advanced Member

Sunday, October 31st 2004, 1:33pm

Use a Hunter srv or hpv very easy to replace in future .

Nestor's
Ga.
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rate this thread