You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, September 1st 2004, 2:19pm

Hunter PGJ or Rainbird 32SA

Finished piping both my front and backyard and now I need to decide which rotor to go with. By design I could use either the new Hunter PGJ or the Rainbird 32SA, anybody have any input???

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Thursday, September 2nd 2004, 6:37am

What is your coverage throw length? You might want to just go with the PGP instead of the PGJ. We have had some issues with the PGJ

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 2nd 2004, 11:09am

my hunter rep claims they have fixed the problem with the PGJ...only time will tell. Even on short throws I like to use the PGP whenever possible...just personal preference I suppose.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Thursday, September 2nd 2004, 12:02pm

Same here! Price is the same. Use a 1 or 2 nozzle on the PGP and you have a nice short throw. I also noticed that the PGJ nozzles do not difuse a nice spray if you try and shorten the throw.

Thursday, September 2nd 2004, 12:45pm

Thanks for the input everybody, my throw is 17 to 22 feet, I thought this might be to short for a PGP as I read they have a spec for 22 to 52 feet. Never used rotors b4 so I was not sure you could defuse the PGP that much and still have a good spray pattern.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, September 3rd 2004, 4:39am

Not really supposed to diffuse too much if at all in my opinion. Messes up their pattern....

Jray...i would probably go with the pgj....
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread