You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TMC2004

Sunday, September 12th 2004, 7:21pm

Hunter I20

****o,

My second post! I plan on using the hunter I 20 for my choice of rotor. Im looking for pros and cons. Thank you in advance for all replies

p.s. First time doing any of this !

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Monday, September 13th 2004, 4:21am

Good choice...a bit better than the Hunter PGP...but you could do as well with the PGP if you like. Both of them are great, depending on the application...PGP a bit cheaper.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

TMC2004

Monday, September 13th 2004, 5:15am

how does the pgp stack up against the rain bird 5000 series with the rain curtain technology etc ?

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Monday, September 13th 2004, 8:41am

honestly...i do not know...never used any Rainbird Rotors...have replaced a few...but not really the expert. Sorry.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

TMC2004

Thursday, September 16th 2004, 10:36am

my rotor spacings range from 20 to 30 ft. see my post in design issues for more info.

bgeddes

Tuesday, September 21st 2004, 7:31am

I installed the Hunter I-20 rotors in my system and have had no problem (so far). They are slightly more expensive than the PGPs due to the "flow control" capability.

It turns out the "flow control" option is great while fine-tuning the rotor patterns. I can turn off the flow to a single rotor, make the arc adjustment, and turn the flow back on w/o having to shut down the entire zone.

Now that the fine tuning is over, I'm really left with PGP rotors.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Tuesday, September 21st 2004, 10:53am

Also remember that the 1-20 has a 5 year warranty verses a 2 year on the PGP. Open each one of them up and you will see the difference in spring and extra threading on housing, plus! built in check valves on the 1-20's. It more than just a flow stop!!!

GrazerZ

Monday, January 10th 2005, 1:19pm

I'm going to put a plug in for the Rainbird 5000 rotors. I love them thats my first choice when installing a system. The I-20 are a good product and havn't had seen too may problems with them. But the rain curtain spray pattern on the 5000s is a work of art to me.

sanzen96

Friday, March 18th 2005, 10:33pm

DO NOT get the stainless steel version of the i-20 unless you have at least 80 psi. the heavier spring will reqiure more pressure to pop them up. low pressure will make them leak around the seal. ive been a proffesional for 14 years and the steel i-20's are big problems. you will be using that 5 year warranty. plus the i-20's dont all come with "check-o-matics". these are just screens with a rubber stopper on it. you can buy these cheap and install them on regular trustworthy pgp's with ease!!!! plus you should never adjust your sprinklers dry, always while they are spraying. i have pgp's in my own system and after the countless experiences installing i-20's at work almost everytime, i wouldnt even consider it. a big waste of money and time!!!!!!!!!!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 19th 2005, 4:26pm

Stainless steel versions of most popular gear-drive rotors are not vastly different from base models, springs and check valves aside. I believe a Hunter PGP uses the same gear-drive mechanism as the I-20, since the rotating top part can break off easily enough on either model.

Rate this thread