You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TMC2004

Saturday, September 18th 2004, 12:34pm

low out put

My neighbor installed his irrigation system. He has 5 or 6 1804's and a hunter pgp on one zone ( dont tell i know he made a mistake with combining sprays with rotors). The rotor is putting out 3 gpm, not sure what the half sprays are putting out. The lenght from valves to furthest point is probably 50 ft. He ran 1" all the way to the vavles and 1" to all the heads. The rotor is fine, its the 5 or 6 1804's that are maybe spraying 2ft or 3 ft. I know he has tried to adjust the head, to spray further. Any ideas what he can do?

jpeter

Monday, September 20th 2004, 4:43am

I have to tell you that that is probabley not a good idea, and there is a reason for it. 1804's put out a lot of water in a short amount of time. The spary heads only need about 15 min to do the job. Rotors need at least 30 min to get proper coverage, double that if they are going 360 around. Now with both on the same line you are going to have to much water in one spot and not enough in another... What size nozzels does he have on the 1804?

TMC2004

Monday, September 20th 2004, 3:51pm

I have no idea about the nozzles on the 1804. problem is they are not spraying far enough.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, September 21st 2004, 5:38am

try to turn off several sprays and see if that fixes the problem. I ll bet he doesnt have enough volume for all of the heads.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread